2022 #TOGETHERSTRONG Recognition Award
First Nation Group is proud to announce the two outstanding individuals selected for the 2022 #TOGETHERSTRONG Recognition Award, Tomas Jurado and Donna Simmet!
This peer-to-peer nominated award celebrates excellence and recognizes employees who not only sustainably lead and live the First Nation Group values, but are dedicated to consistently going above and beyond as well.
Traveling over 90+ days a year, Tomas Jurado, Regional Sales Manager, works one-on-one with Dept. of Veterans Affairs (VA) and Dept. of Defense (DoD) customers to ensure they have immediate access to critical supplies, therapies, and solutions, optimizing care for Veterans and active-duty military members. Jurado lives the #TOGETHERSTRONG spirit professionally and personally. He goes above and beyond for his customers, identifying opportunities to grow business and cultivate relationships.
Since joining First Nation Group in 2018, he has excelled in his sales responsibilities, constantly seeking to improve – he plays a significant role on the team as a leader among his colleagues. He continually supports the VA’s Center for Development and Civic Engagement (CDCE) efforts, supporting eight programs and initiatives including recreational therapy, transportation needs, holiday activities, homeless garden facility needs, and more just this past year. Despite the rigorous travel schedule, he finds time to volunteer in his community for Fish With A Hero and is actively supporting the Local Challenge philanthropic initiatives in Fort Myers, FL.
Donna Simmet, Executive Assistant + Project Manager, is known as the faithful glue of the organization and the headquarters, she knows everyone by name and makes herself available to help others with a smile and positive outlook, despite her many responsibilities. As the Local Challenge charitable giving leader in Niceville, Florida, Simmet stimulates and inspires the group into meaningful action, while flawlessly managing a variety of other projects unrelated to her role with little oversight and a “can do” attitude. Most recently, Simmet has been working with our Contracts team keeping so many obligations in order and prioritized to ensure the office runs smoothly and efficiently. Her willingness to accept additional duties and ability to work cross-departmentally to keep First Nation Group’s workflow moving is second to none.
To be nominated for the annual #TOGETHERSTRONG Recognition Award, employees are required to have served a minimum of one year with First Nation Group. They demonstrate, in and out of the office, trust, generosity, unity, dedication, and compassion, the founding principles of First Nation Group’s values. These employees have shown they are dependable, exhibit superior customer service, positively represent the company, and remain an active participant in both First Nation Group’s charitable giving activities as well as in their very own communities.
First Nation Group is proud to honor both Tomas Jurado and Donna Simmet as well as each of the 2022 nominees through this employee recognition award.
Nominees for the 2022 #TOGETHERSTRONG Recognition Award included the following:
- Alyssa Santana – Customer Service Assistant Manager
- Amber Sorenson – Customer Service Representative
- Brandon Lee – Customer Service Representative
- Carol Keeton – Senior Business Analyst
- Cayla Davis – Customer Service Representative
- Delena Collins – Purchasing Inventory Coordinator
- Donna Simmet – Executive Assistant + Project Manager
- Garry Mundy – Manager, Customer Service
- Gwen Mayhan – Business Analyst Manager
- JoAnn Del Proposto – Administrative Assistant
- Kennedy Nilsson – Vice President,
- Kim Brachle – Patient Solutions Specialist
- Monika Meixelsperger – Manager, Business Development
- Patti Sawyer – Patient Solutions Clinical Specialist
- Richard Thomas – Manager, Distribution Facilities
- Stacy Jewell – Manager, Patient Solutions
- Stacey Mansfield – Director, Inventory + Distribution
- Tara Shishmanian – Manager, Corporate Development
- Terry Latkovic – Vice President, Corporate Initiatives
- Tomas Jurado – Regional Sales Manager